好友

1萬

積分

公民

律   師

跳轉到指定樓層
1#
發表於 2013-2-26 11:00:02 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe was interviewed Saturday.
日本首相安倍晉三於星期六接受采訪。

Translated by The Washington Post.
華盛頓日報譯

安倍晉三.jpg

Prime Minister Abe: I would like to thank the two of you for coming all the way to Tokyo. In this building, it used to be used previously as the prime minister’s office, and I wanted to welcome you here to this building for this interview today.
安倍首相:我要感謝你們兩個專程到東京。這座樓過去常作為首相府,我歡迎你們今天來到這裏采訪。

Next week, I will be visiting the United States and a meeting with President Obama is scheduled for [February] 22nd. On the 26th of December of last year, I took office for my second term as prime minister. And it is the first time ever since then-Prime Minister Shigeru Yoshida, during the occupation period, that a prime minister is taking this position for the second time with a number of years in between. In Japan, usually, once you become prime minister, you do not have a second chance. Probably the reason why that was not the case this time is because Japan is facing an increasingly challenging situation.
我將於下周訪問美國,並在(2月)22日安排和總統奧巴馬會面。去年12月26日我連任首相,同樣,這也(譯註:指首相連任)是史無前例的,因通常在任期期間,一個首相若要第二次上任要經過幾年時間。在日本,一旦你想成為首相,通常沒有二次機會。而會我這個例外可能是因為日本正面臨嚴峻的局面。

In particular, it’s the sluggish economy that we are facing, and also the fact that Fukushima and the areas affected by the Great East Japan Earthquake are having a hard time in their reconstruction efforts. Also, as a result of the trust and confidence between Japan and the United States having gone through a pretty rocky period, Japan’s foreign policy clout has been declining. And the stability in Japan’s adjacent waters and in the Asia-Pacific region is being affected, with acts of provocation seen against Japan’s territory and territorial waters.
特別是如今的日本正處於經濟蕭條的狀況中,還有福島以及受到東日本大地震影響的地區在重建工作上舉步維艱。再者,日本和美國的信任關系正處在相當不穩定的時期。日本外交政策政策的影響力持續下降。反日本領土和領海的挑釁行為使日本附近海域以及亞太地區的穩定受到影響。

And also, the sluggish economy is creating a situation where the young people in Japan cannot cherish their desires or have prospects for their future. Also, the decline in Japan’s economic capability is resulting in a declining presence for Japan’s foreign policy as well.
此外,蕭條的經濟會造成這樣的狀況——日本年輕人不再有抱負和對未來無所展望。同時,日本經濟能力下降也會削弱日本外交政策的影響。

Accordingly, the duties and mission that I must fulfill are pretty clear: namely, to regain a strong and robust economy, and also to restore Japan’s strong foreign policy capability.
因此,我必須完成的職責和任務是非常明確的:即重獲日本強有力的經濟和外交能力。

Now, regarding the economy, I believe I have succeeded already in changing the general mood and atmosphere that was prevalent in Japan. Also, in my foreign policy agenda, I have recently visited Indonesia, Vietnam and Thailand, and regained the trust with Asian nations. Also, next week, I will be visiting the United States, and after a successful meeting with President Obama, I wish to demonstrate to the people in Japan, as well as overseas, that we have been able to fully restore the strong bonds and friendship between Japan and the United States under the Japan-U.S. alliance.
現在,關於經濟,我相信我已經成功改變籠罩於日本的情緒和氣氛。而且,在我的外交議程中,我最近采訪了印度尼西亞,越南,和泰國,並且重獲亞洲國家的信任。並且在下周,我將會訪問美國,在和奧巴馬總統成功會面後,我想向日本以及海外人民證明,在日美聯盟下,我們有能力完全恢復日本與美國的團結和友誼。

While we reinforce the relations with countries that share the values such as freedom, democracy, basic human rights and rule of law and expand the outer border of this “value-oriented diplomacy,” I’d like to look at the entire world with a bird’s-eye view and develop a foreign policy that can contribute to this region, as well as the world, for the Japanese economy and from a geopolitical perspective.
我們強化同我們有著相同價值觀:比如自由、民主,基本人權和法治的國家的關系,並擴張這種“以價值為導向的外交”的領域,同時,我想鳥瞰這整個世界(以此視角),發展有助於這個地區(亞太)以及世界的外交政策,這是為了日本經濟也是站在地緣政治視角考慮。

問答部分

Question: What will it take to make your visit successful? Are their specific accomplishments you’re hoping to achieve in Washington?
問題:是什麼會讓你此次訪問(美國)成功?在華盛頓你有想要達成的特定成就嗎?

Abe: Specifically, first of all, in relation to the nuclear test that has been undertaken by North Korea recently and the attempt being made by North Korea to strengthen its nuclear capability, as well as to increase its capability for missiles as a means of delivery, I wish to discuss with President Obama how we might be able to check and stop these developments, and also how we might be able to change North Korea’s policy.
安倍:首先,尤其是關於最近朝鮮進行的核試驗,其試圖加強其核實力並增加其導彈能力作為運載工具,我希望和奧巴馬總統討論下我們要怎麼做才能阻止這種發展,以及如何做才可能改變朝鮮的政策。

In that regard, I wish to be able to make the meeting between myself and President Obama in itself a message that we can send. At the same time, I wish to make the point that in the context of the enormously changing security environment in the Asia-Pacific, I wish to mention that strengthening and reinforcing the alliance between Japan and the United States will be able to contribute to peace and stability in the region.
在那方面,我希望能和奧巴馬總統達成共識。同時,我希望證明一點,那就是在亞太地區環境安全遭遇巨變的情況下,加強日美聯盟將會有助於該地區的和平和穩定。

Regarding trade, I believe that a free trading environment would be in the national interest of Japan. I believe that we need to capture and incorporate the growth potential that we have in the Asia-Pacific region for the growth of Japan going forward. Accordingly, I also wish to discuss the TPP [Trans-Pacific Partnership] with President Obama.
至於貿易,我相信自由的貿易環境會為日本帶來利益。我們需要捕捉並合並我們在亞太地區的增長潛力以此促進日本前進。因此,我也希望能同奧巴馬討論下TTP(泛太平洋夥伴關系)。

Q: What are you hoping to hear from him that would allow Japan to enter those talks, and what do you think is the earliest that you would be able to enter the talks if you do?
問:你希望奧巴馬說些什麼能引導日本參與到以上話題中並且如果你真的參與討論你認為最早能將日本帶入的話題是什麼?

Abe: In my meeting with President Obama, I would say one very important point would be whether I can be convinced on whether or not Japan’s participation in the TPP will have a positive effect on the national interests of Japan. The TPP is expected to have considerable effects in various different areas in Japan, so from that perspective, after my meeting with President Obama I intend to analyze the various effects that may be expected, and also analyze the prior consultations once again. Based upon these results, I’ll decide whether or not to participate at an appropriate time. Therefore, I would say my meeting with President Obama will be important in making that decision.
安倍:在我和奧巴馬總統的會面中,我想說的一重點是我是否可以相信日本加入TTP會對日本本國利益有積極影響。在日本的不同地區,TTP將產生重要的影響。因此從那方面來說,和奧巴馬總統會面後,我會分析可能產生的各種影響也會再一次事先協商。基於這些(討論)結果,我將決定是否要在適當的時候參與(TPP)。因此,我會說此次會面對這個決定意義重大。

Q: So participation could come before the summer election?
問:這麼說的話,跨太平洋合作夥伴關系就會在夏季選舉之前就達成?

Abe: I am not able to say anything definite regarding the timing at the moment, but what I can say is that I have no intention of making the upper house elections a central element in my consideration of whether or not to join the TPP. I say so because the timing of the elections is something that has a bearing on the interests of the LDP [Liberal Democratic Party] as a political party. But the decision on whether or not to join TPP negotiations is a matter that would have a bearing on Japan’s national interests. So I intend to make a decision based on consideration of Japan’s national interests, meaning that I wish to make the decision without considering the angle of the elections.
安倍: 目前,我還無法就時機的問題下定論,但是在是否參加跨太平洋合作夥伴關系協議時我不會把上議院的選舉當成一個中心要素。我之所以這麼說,那時因為選舉的時機與自民黨的利益密切相關。但是是否參加跨太平洋合作夥伴關系協議則與日本的國家利益相關,所以我還是願意從日本的國家利益為出發點,也就是說我希望在做決定是不參雜選舉的因素。

Q: You mentioned that not many prime ministers get a second chance. How are you different this time, and how do you think you’ve done so far in these couple of months?
問:你之前提到,沒有多少的首相可以擁有第二次機會。你這次與上次有何不同,你對自己在最近幾個月的工作成果有什麼評價沒有?

Abe: During the election that just ended, and also at the time of elections for president of the LDP, the issue of the economy was one of the main topics. In that process, I advocated for a monetary policy that was somewhat different than the policy held by those in the mainstream in the Bank of Japan and in monetary policy. That has probably gained the support of those who felt we needed to do something to change the current situation. So that may have led me to be elected for the second time as president of the LDP.
安倍:在競選期間以及再自民黨內部的首相候選人競選期間,,經濟問題是主要的議題之一。在這期間,我倡導的貨幣政策與日本央行裏以及貨幣政策領域裏的主流聲音都不同。而正是這一舉動讓我獲得了那些想要改變現狀的人的支持。所以,或許正是因為這些人的支持,才使我第二次成功當選了自民黨總裁。

Also, regarding the security environment, for instance, we were having many cases of violations made by Chinese government vessels in territorial waters of Japan, and also we were experiencing many cases where there have been intrusions into Japan’s air defense identification zone and territorial airspace. I believe, therefore, that that has attracted support for my very strong position that we should make sure to defend the Japanese territory, territorial waters and airspace with strong determination. And also, at the same time, my past track record with having made improvements in the relationship with Japan and China may have also been a factor in being reelected. It was in the first Abe administration that we started the mutually beneficial relationship based on common strategic interests between Japan and China. And I believe all these elements together have culminated in support for me during the elections.
還有就安全環境而言,舉個例子,中國政府派船只好幾次都侵犯了日本的領海,還有,我們還發現很多侵入日本防空識別區和日本空間領域。所以這一系列的侵入行為將會使我的為了保護日本的領土,領海和領空而采取的強硬立場獲得支持。同時,我過去在促進中國關系上的有所作為也有可能是我再次獲得當選的因素之一。正是在安倍第一次擔任首相任內,中國和日本的基於戰略利益的互惠關系第一次得到了建立。我相信所有這些因素都導致了再次的當選。

Q: But if I could just follow up, did you learn something from the first term, and are you different now than you were in 2006-07?
問:但是你允許的話,我想問的是你在第一任期內是否學到了一些東西呢,現在的你和當時的你有何不同?

Abe: I did learn from many mistakes. First and foremost, I learned that it is important to create a wide base of support within the LDP. In forming the cabinet this time, I included almost all the members of the LDP whom I ran against during the party election for president.
安倍:我的確從自己的錯誤中學到了一些東西。首先,我學習到在自由民主黨內建立一個廣泛的支持基礎是很重要的。在這次組建內閣時,我幾乎把我在總統精選期間的自民黨內的對手都挑選進了內閣。

Also, as a result of the lessons I learned, this time my policy priorities have become very clear. This would include first and foremost restoring a robust economy. I believe this has resulted in the strong support that I am getting from the people.
還有,在之前經驗的基礎上,我這次所有的政策任務都很明晰了。首先是要重振日本的經濟。我相信正是基於這一點,我才獲得了大量選民的支持。

Q: A number of people comment on your strong focus on the economy but also say that in your heart, the issues of history — and how Japan is perceived historically — is very important to you, so that eventually during your prime ministership those issues are bound to come out. I wonder if you could comment on that.
問:很多人都注意到了你把工作重心放在了日本經濟議題上,但是也有人說歷史議題——尤其是人們對歷史上日本的行為的看法——對你來說非常的重要,所以在你首相任內,所有這些問題都會得到解決。我想知道你自己是什麼樣的看法。

Abe: Regarding what happened in the past, much like my predecessors, I believe that we caused tremendous damage and suffering to the countries of Asia. That is why Japan has been providing support and assistance to the countries of Asia even from the days when Japan was still a poor country. And I believe that the path Japan has taken has been the correct path. In the postwar years, we have attached great importance to pursuing the principles of freedom, democracy, basic human rights and the rule of law. I believe that was also a correct path. That is why, as I said previously, we have been making a great effort to further promote these values.
安倍:就歷史問題而言,像我的前輩們那樣,我相信我們的確給亞洲各國帶來了巨大的破壞和痛苦。這就是為什麼即使在日本海很窮的情況下就已經向亞洲各國提供幫助和資助了。我相信日本目前采取的路線是正確的路線。在戰後的時光裏,日本不斷的賦予自由信念,民主,基本的人權以及法治以重要性。我相信那也是一條正確的道路。正如我之前提到的,這就是為什麼我們目前正在盡更大的努力來促進這些優秀價值觀的實現。

My basic notion regarding the matter of historical recognition is basically, it’s a matter that should be left to the good hands of historians and experts. And this is a position that I have been taking consistently ever since the first Abe government. This is a point that I have been making consistently ever since my first term in office, as well as in Diet deliberations and interviews.
就歷史問題而言,我的基本看法是,歷史問題應該留給歷史學家和專家們。在我第一次擔任首相的時候,我就一直在這麼強調了。

Q: So, if you’re going to leave it to historians, does that mean you will let the statements of 1993 and 1995 stand as is? Or should there ultimately be a review of them?
問:依你這麼說的話,如果你真的要把歷史問題留給歷史學家們的話,你的意思是不是說你承認93年和95年所發表的聲明?或者說需不需要對那些聲明做一些修改呢?

Abe: The Murayama Statement [in 1995] was issued on the 50th anniversary of the war end, and also on the 60th anniversary after World War II, Prime Minister Koizumi also issued a statement. I wish to issue a statement at an appropriate time, but as I mentioned earlier, it is my belief that politicians should not be stepping into the realm of history. Rather, politicians should be taking a future-oriented perspective, and that is the perspective from which I intend to issue a statement at the appropriate time.
安倍:1995年的《村山聲明》是發表在戰後50周年紀念日的時候,而在二戰後60周年紀念日的時候,小泉純一郎首相也發表了一個聲明。正如我之前說的,我也希望在適當的時候發表一個聲明,我的看法是政治家不應該和歷史沾邊。還有,政治家應該擁有一個以未來為導向的眼光,我在適當時候發表的聲明也將是以此為出發點的。

Q: What does that mean, “future-oriented?”
問:你說的“以未來為導向”是什麼意思?

Abe: I mean to say that Japan should speak about the role Japan should be playing in our relations with Asia.
安倍:我的意思是說,日本應該關注的問題是在處理日本與亞洲各國關系時日本應該扮演的角色。

Q: What is their larger purpose, do you think? What is China trying to achieve with what it is doing in the Senkaku Islands?
問:你覺得他們更大的目的是什麼呢?就中國在尖閣群島議題上的所作所為而言,你覺得中國的目的是什麼呢?

Abe: China, as a nation, is a country under the one-party rule of the Communist Party, but it has introduced the market economy. As a country that is under the one-party rule of the Communist Party, normally what they should be seeking is equality of results. And I believe it is fair to say that is probably what constitutes the legitimacy of one-party rule by the Communist Party. But as a result of introducing the market economy, China, has dropped one of its pillars of legitimacy, which was equal results for all.
安倍:中國是一黨專政的國家,但是卻存在著市場經濟。作為共產黨統治下的國家,一般來說他們的目的就是為了讓經濟成果得到公平的分配。我敢說,如果一黨專政想獲得合法性和正當性,那麼公平分配就一定要獲得實現。但是我們看到中國並不存在什麼公平分配。

This has led them to require some different pillars — one of which is high economic growth, and another of which is patriotism.
導致的一個結果就是中國去追求其他的東西來維持自己的正統性——其中之一就是保持經濟的快速增長,還有一個就是愛國主義。

As part of their effort to seek natural resources needed for their high economic growth, I believe they are moving into the sea.
為了獲得資源以維持經濟的高增長,我相信中國人現在正在向海洋進發。

And the other pillar they are now seeking is teaching patriotism in their education. What is unfortunate, however, is that in the case of China, teaching patriotism is also teaching anti-Japanese sentiment. In other words, their education policy of teaching patriotism has become even more pronounced as they started the reform and opening policy.
另外一個手段就是在他們教育中向國民輸入愛國主義精神。然而,不幸的是,中國愛國主義教育其實就是反日教育。換言之,自從中國實行改革開放以來,他們的愛國主義教育政策變得越來越明顯。

In that process, in order to gain natural resources for their economy, China is taking action by coercion or intimidation, both in the South China Sea and the East China Sea. This is also resulting in strong support from the people of China, who have been brought up through this educational system that attaches emphasis on patriotism.
在這個過程中,為了獲得資源,中國通過強制和政治高壓的手段來獲取資源,包括在南海地區和東海地區。這也導致了中國政府獲得了中國人民的強大支持,因為中國人從小接受的教育都把重點放在了愛國主義精神教育上了。

This, however, is also a dilemma faced by China. That is to say, the mood and atmosphere created by the education in China attaching importance on patriotism — which is in effect focusing on anti-Japanese sentiment — is in turn undermining their friendly relationship with Japan and having an adverse effect on its economic growth. And the Chinese government is well aware of this.
然而嗎,這也是中國需要面對的兩難問題。也就是說,這種愛國主義精神教育——實際上是反日教育——反過來削弱了中日之間的友好關系,從而對中國的經濟發展產生了消極的影響。而中國政府明顯是清楚這一點的。

Q: Okay, so if you are going to follow this theory through, it means the problem in China is very ingrained. How does Japan counter that, and do you see any solution to the maritime issue, and more broadly, between Japan and China in their overall relationship?
問:好吧。如果你真的堅持這種觀點,那麼這意味著中國的問題是根深蒂固的。日本方面要如何回應,你可有什麼辦法來解決中日之間的海洋爭端,或者從更大的角度上說,中日兩國總體關系?

Abe: What is important, first of all, is that their leaders as well as business leaders recognize how deeply ingrained this issue is. Because without having this recognition, they will not be able to find a solution that can produce results. In this context, I wish to make the point that without economic growth, they will not be able to control the 1.3 billion people in China under the one-party rule by the Communist Party.
安倍:首先,關鍵的一點是其領導人以及政治精英們能夠清楚的認識到這個問題是多麼的根深蒂固。因為如果沒有這種意識的話,他們永遠也找不到解決問題的辦法。就此而言,我敢說,如果不是因為經濟的強勁增長,我相信一黨專政的中國是無法管理13億這麼龐大的人口的。

What is important, first and foremost, is to make them realize that they would not be able to change the rules or take away somebody’s territorial water or territory by coercion or intimidation. Accordingly, for the first time in 11 years, I have increased our defense budget, as well as the budget for the Japan coast guard. It is important for us to have them recognize that it is impossible to try to get their way by coercion or intimidation. In that regard, the Japan-U.S. alliance, as well as the U.S. presence, would be critical.
還有,重要的是要讓他們意識到他們沒有辦法改變規則,還有就是他們無法通過政治高壓和恐嚇手段來從別人手裏搶走領土和領海。相應地,11年以來,我們首次增加了國防預算以及日本海岸警備隊的預算。要讓他們意識到通過政治高壓和恐嚇手段是無法取得任何成功的,這點對我們來說很重要。就此而言,美日聯盟以及美國存在是非常重要的。

I believe it will be important to establish rules for ensuring freedom of the sea, not only in the East China Sea, but also including the South China Sea.
我相信,制定規則來保證海洋的自由是重要的事情,不僅是在東海,還包括南海。

Regarding the Senkaku Islands, which is under the valid control of Japan, we need to make them recognize that that current status of Japan’s valid control cannot be changed by coercion or intimidation. Such behavior is going to have an effect on their economic activity at the end of the day, because it will lead to losing the confidence of the international community which will result in less investments in China. I believe it is fully possible to have China to change their policy once they gain that recognition.
就尖閣群島而言,目前正處在日本的有效控制下,我們要讓他們意識到目前由日本來控制該島嶼的事實不會被他們的政治高壓以及恐嚇所改變。他們的這種行為最終將會對他們的經濟產生影響,因為國際社會會對中國失去信心,從而導致對中國投資的下降。我相信,只要讓他們清晰地意識到這一點,中國完全有可能改變他們的政策。

Now, while Japan is also gaining profit through our investments in China, China is also enjoying an increase in jobs of 10 million or so as a result of investments being made by Japan in China. Obviously when there is greater risk, Japan’s investment will start to drop sharply, and I believe it would be important for them to realize that.
現在,雖然日本因在中國投資而獲得了利益,但是中國也因為日本的投資而獲得了100萬個左右的就業機會。很顯然,當投資存在風險時,日資在中國的投資肯定會急劇的下降,讓中國人意識到這一點也是很重要的。

Q: If I could just come back to next week one last time, I think the United States over the last years has been frustrated by the frequent change of leadership here. I wonder if you think this will mark a reset in relations, and will you be able to tell President Obama that you’ll be around longer than one year?
問:如果我下周還能再回來最後一次的話,我覺得美國因為日本領導人的頻繁換選而感到特別的煩心。我想知道的是兩國關系是否會經歷新的一頁,還有你有可能告訴奧巴馬說你在位的時間可以超過一年嗎?

Abe: After I stepped down from my first term as prime minister, there have been two LDP administrations and also three DPJ administrations who eventually stepped down. In my case, I had no choice but to resign because of some health problems. This is a condition I used to have for quite some time back, but with the development of a spectacular new drug, I have been able to totally recover and improve my health. So, physically speaking, I should be able to continue in my current position for a considerable number of years.
安倍:在我第一次擔任首相辭職後,已經有5個首相相繼下台了(兩人來自自民黨,三人來自民主黨)就我個人而言,我是不得不辭職,因為我自身身體不好的原因。我過去就是這麼一個病秧子,但是由於一種新藥的問世,我現在完全康復了,身體也好了很多。所以,從我的身體條件來看的話,我覺得我至少可以當好幾年的首相。

Including myself, there have been six prime ministers that have stepped down after one year, and the tendency is seen that the approval rating that was high at the beginning starts to decline after about a month. Whereas this time, fortunately, approval ratings have been considerably increased for two months in a row, and some results show over 70 percent at the moment. So I would consider that it’s important to maintain such a high approval rating.
包括我自己在內,總共有6位首相在任期不到一年的時間裏就下台了。趨勢是這樣的:在開始的是支持率是很高的,但是在一個月以後,支持率就開始下滑。然而,這次很特別,支持率已經連續兩個月在劇烈上升,有調查結果顯示支持率已經超過了70%。所以我覺得維持這樣高的支持率水平是很重要的。

Of course, it will be very difficult to maintain the current approval rating, but I do not intend to be consumed with approval ratings or be taken over by them. But rather, I would say, it would be important to have a very stable management of policy, and in that regard I would say it would be very important to be successful in the upcoming upper house elections to take place this summer.
當然,要想維持目前的支持率水平是很困難的,但是我對支持率並不著迷,也不想被支持率所左右。重要的事情是要有一個穩定的政策連續性,就此而言,我想說的是在今年夏天即將到來的上議院選舉上取得成功才是非常重要的事情。

華盛頓郵報 / 龍騰網
您需要登錄後才可以發表回應 登錄 | 免費註冊

GMT+8, 2024-9-21 22:46

© 2015 SSKYN

回頂部